This cookie notice applies to all websites and mobile applications belonging to Affinity Enterprises (Pty) Limited and its subsidiaries (‘Affinity websites’).
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file with an identifier that is stored on your electronic devices (such as a computer, smart phone or tablet) when you visit or use a website or mobile application.
Cookies may not contain any data or information that can be used to personally identify a user.
When you access, interact with or visit Affinity websites, cookies are used to improve your online experience.
- Ensuring our website functions correctly
- Granting you access to restricted content
- Tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, language, location or device type
- To personalise content and to better understand how users use the Affinity websites through user preferences and browsing history
- To advertise and display relevant advertisements to users
- To provide security aimed at protecting user accounts from fraudulent use of login details and protecting the Affinity websites
- To carry out analytics to improve user experiences
Cookies used by Affinity
Affinity uses three types of cookies, namely:
- Session cookies – These cookies are temporary and only exist while you browse our website. As soon as you close your browser or move to a different website, they are removed. They allow our website to link your actions during a browser session.
- Persistent cookies – These are permanent cookies that are stored on your device until they reach a set expiry date or until you delete them. They remember your preferences or actions across our site (or in some cases across different websites). We may use them for various reasons, such as remembering your preferences and choices when using our site.
By using the Affinity websites, you agree that we may place cookies on your electronic devices for the purposes set out in this notice.
All web browsers, including the Affinity websites, provide the option to disable or delete cookies. You can manage your preference relating to a specific type of cookies at any time on our website by visiting or the mobile application. However, certain cookies, such as session cookies, are necessary for the operation of Affinity websites and cannot be disabled.
If you prefer not to have non-essential cookies placed on your electronic device while using the Affinity websites, you can disable them by turning them off in your browser. This may, however, affect the overall experience of access, navigation and usage on the Affinity websites. When you disable cookies, no information is gathered from your device.
E-mail tracking and Online advertising
Affinity engages third parties that help us deliver banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about Affinity customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to our customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person.
Third party vendors, such as Google Marketing Platform, show Affinity’s ads on sites on the internet.
We make use of e-mail tracking pixels in certain instances to assist us in keeping you informed of Affinity products available to you.